Absolut Care of Three Rivers is participating in the Alzheimer’s Association’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s this fall at Eldridge Park in Elmira, New York! The walk will take place on October 1, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. Registration for the walk will begin at 9:00 a.m., and a ceremony to remember those who have passed from Alzheimer’s will begin at 9:45 a.m. The walk is the largest event sponsored by the Association to raise awareness and funds to help fight the disease. The funds raised by the event go directly to Alzheimer’s care, support, research, awareness and advocacy.
Some facts about Alzheimer’s:
- Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death in the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured, or slowed
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia
- In the United States, someone develops Alzheimer’s every 66 seconds
- There are more than 5 million Americans living with this disease
- There are more than 15.9 million caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s and other dementia’s in the United States
If you are interested in participating in the walk with the Absolut Care team, or interested in helping them fundraise, please click on the direct link to the team website: http://act.alz.org/goto/ThreeRivers. Absolut Care of Three Rivers has set their fundraising goal at $2,000 and would appreciate any help they can get in reaching their goal!